Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Unless it is your birthday... then Happy Birthday!  I just love Alice in Wonderland and have wanted to do a scrapbook page with an Alice theme.  Our family went to Disneyland a few Sundays ago and we took these pictures in front of the Mad Hatter's Hat shop.   I usually "sketch"  my layouts in my Gypsy but made a hand sketch of this one so I could enter this project in the Cricut Circle's Weekly Challenge.  They asked us to provide a sketch and a project, how simple is that.  I wanted  my page to have a wacky feel so I anchored my embellishments with a "groovy" shape from Nifty Fifties Cartridge.  
The Sketch
Furniture from French Manor, Alice and Friends from Disney Classics
Closer look at Hatter's Party

I just love the look on his Face.


11 comments:

Christina said...

Beautiful layout! I love all the detail with your Alice in Wonderland characters!

Brens Designs said...

Awesome job! Love it!!!

bird said...

So much detail beautiful work...

Rita said...

Beautiful LO! Love all the detail. Definitely a labor of love.

GabyCreates.com said...

WOW Love all the detail and work that you put into this layout...the tea pot and cups, did you cut in white and than colored?

Nadia said...

This is a fabulously detailed LO!!! You make me actually want to scrapbook with jewels like this!! So perfect!

Mel said...

The Teapot and cups were cut with white paper and colored with copic markers. Thanks for all the nice feeback. Have to share with my cricut friends :)

L.B. said...

oh your characters are so great and much smaller than I feel I can ever make. Great job.

cdm317 said...

So Fabulous! Good luck in the challenge! This is wonderful and colorful, very lively! TFS

Michele said...

wow, how wonderful and fancy! Looks like it too a year to make!

kimberlyann207 said...

This is precious! I now know that I must have and can rationalize/justify etc. The purchase of this cartridge! Thank you for enabling ... Ummm sharing :)