Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fab 50s Scrapbook Page

I created this scrapbook page for the September Magazine Challenge at the Cricut Circle.  For the challenge, you need to use Echo Park paper or stickers and your favorite cartridge.  I was drawn to Echo Park's Happy Days collection and remembered I had some photos of dear daughter from a 50s party.  My favorite cartridge of all time is Create a Critter... which you don't think of using when designing a 1950s theme project.  Would you believe there are four cuts from Create a Critter on my scrapbook page?  (The "fab" title, the stamp shape turned journal frame, the "retro" design by the ice cream, and the flowers on the glasses.) That is the great thing about our cartridges, there are SO many hidden jewels!  The rest of my cuts are from Nifty Fifties and the background element is from Elegant Edges.  The photo corners are made from a punch.

The glasses have plastic lenses, added a straw to to the Echo Park sundae sticker by using a boarder strip from the collection. The Imagine was used to print some 50s turqoise to match the collection.

Hid the words on the Nifty Fifties motel sign with my Gypsy. "Second" is the font from Nifty Fifites while the other words are stickers form the Echo Park Collection.