Thursday, April 26, 2012

Peachy Challenge 15 - Just Cards

The Challenge:  Create a card using your Peachy Keen Stamps to make your own original background! Your design must be new and be sure to link up by May 2, 11:59 EST.  Stop by the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge blog to see all the all the wonderful cards and enter your card.They will be awarding "TOP PEACH" and two runner ups will receive a spiffy badge to display on their blog!

This challenge was so fun... I made two cards! 

For my fist card, I cut a drink shape from the Pack Your Bags Cricut cartridge.  I wanted a 50s retro feel and stamped the drink shape with the umbrella from PK-105 Happy Hour on my background paper.  A cupcake liner was altered into a paper umbrella.  I added flowers on the umbrella by tapping my Copic markers and then rolled a little scrap of white paper for the topper.

The "cheers! "sentiment is from the same stamp set
PK-105 Happy Hour

For my next card, I used the two cherry stamps from PK-106 With a Cherry on Top!.  The cherries seem to be the perfect fit from the sentiment I found on the Cricut cartridge Lyrical Letters.  The die cut cherries have faces from PK-480 Christmas Character Face Assortment.