Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Altered Box

My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge this week is to use an older Cricut cartridge and alter an item with your ciruct cuts.  Alter an item? Sounds fun to me! I went strolling through my kid's piles of ignored items littering the playroom.  I found this wooden box was was looking a little un-loved.  I took the heart off and stained the wood with tea dye distress ink.  My car cut is from Billionaire. The sentiment is from My Creative Time's Cherish This Moment stamp set... perfect for my "fancy" car.

The before- Poor lonely box!

7 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is so cool! I never would have thought to dye the box with distress ink - and it came out fabulous!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Cassandra said...

WOW!!! How awesome is that!!!! I just love the look of it! Looks like a great way to decorate grandpa's cigar box or something! Great job!! And thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

~ Cassandra

liz at liz's paper loft said...

this is a great upcycle!!! thanks for playing with us at My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!
liz

Glora said...

This turned out AWESOME! You make everything look TERRIFIC! Way to be! Hugs- Glora

Kim H said...

Melissa ~ Well this box is no longer a "LONELY" box! WOW! it turned out AMAZING! LOVE the sentiment you chose and the Cricut cut! AWESOME job! Your post totally cracked me up ~ how true about childrens playrooms! Thanks for joining us at My Creative Time ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Cindy :) said...

Wow your lonely forgotten box looks fantastic, would make a great fathers day gift, love love love the car :)
ty for your comment on my Time to Party! elephant card for the PK challenge this week, I just realized tonight that I some how didn't link it up properly, not quite sure what happened :( sry, hope it will still count!

Cindy said...

WOW FANTASTIC job with your AWESOME project Melissa!I LOVE the car,so COOL!Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge!:)